Sunday, May 22, 2022

More T-Trak

Since last week's post, I've received more Trackside Flats buildings and converted them from flats to low relief. The photos show them posed temporarily on the triple-wide module I'm working on; there's no guarantee I'll use them in exactly these positioins or on this module:
I do think the extra depth makes them pop. I use foam core that's the same 3/16 thickness that's on the flats themselves and simply add sides, a floor, and a roof. I paint the additions with Burt Sienna craft paint. I'll finish the sides on most of them with Woodland Scenics fine turf glued on with white glue to represent ivy.

The Trackside Flats modules are largely made from photos, but they've been manipulated to square them up and eliminate lens distortion. They often incorporate forground vegetation, stairways, balconies, and other features that add to the 3-D effect, especially when they're re-photographed. Making them into low relief buildings instead of just flats also adds to the 3-D effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment