Sunday, May 1, 2022

Woodland Scenics Built-&-Ready J W Cobbler

My upgrade amd Just Plug lighting project has reached Hill St in Zenith. As part of the project, I realized I had some space to add another building between an SLM Public Library and an old metal Woodland Scenics corner bar kit. This had been just a parking lot that contained some blah vehicles that were there because they were mostly out of view.

I measured the space and compared it to the footprints of several available kits, but the one building that came closest was the Woodland Scenics Built-&-Ready J W Cobbler. I decided I've paid my dues building enough kits that I can get away with a ready-to-run, especially as this one has a lot of little added details -- so many that I had to remove a few to fit it in place. I think it looks pretty good where I've got it.

The Built & Ready building includes a Juat Plug LED that basically illuminates just the store window on the ground floor, which you can more or less see in the photo. I've also added a Just Plug LED to the corner bar next door.
The photos suggest I still need to level the buildings here better. I need to take a level to both the public library and the J W Cobbler, as well as to give the cobbler a final dirting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment