Sunday, May 29, 2022

More With Photo-Realistic Building Flats

One thing I'm learning about N scale is that it's much easier to fool the eye with small amounts of detail that suggest more is there than actually is. Photo-realistic building flats like those from Trackside Flats definitely do this. The eye wants to find 3-D effects, especially in photos of the photos on the flats, for instance like the one below:
I'm still playing around with the most recent Trackside Flats that I've converted to low-relief buildings to see what T-TRAK modules they'll work best with. In addition, I've found another producer of similar flats, PTF Designs, that sells on eBay. The abandoned factory with graffiti below is from PTF. It's between two Trackside Flats buildings.
I'm aiming for an "urban generic" background reminiscent in part of the Northeast Corridor, but also generic enough so that even European equipment like that in the photo above doesn't look out of place.

Below is another new set of low relief buildings that I'm trying out on another T-TRAK module.

No comments:

Post a Comment