Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Couple Of Fun Purchases

I found a couple of good cars on sale at Walthers -- neither is in the swap meet category at just a couple of bucks, but in their favor, they have metal wheels and Kadee clone metal couplers, plus good contemporary paint schemes. With post-2005 conspicuity stripes, they match my current renewed interest in the prototype.

I've seen on DVDs that since former Conrail cars were lettered for NYC in the CSX split, this wasn't just a temporary move, and a lot of NYC lettered cars have received full CSX paint while keeping the NYC reporting marks. Thanks, Walthers! I lived in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC from 1963 to 1968 and really enjoyed railfanning CSX predecessors. Most of that time I was in college, so I associate the region with the holidays, and this car is special for that, too.

Walthers also did this car for BNSF. Again, the yellow conspicuity stripes are a great feature!

Most of these cars on BNSF are red,

But a very few are black like the Walthers.

1 comment:

  1. Nice purchases John. You know I really like the NYC reporting marks! Good looking cars. I've used their clone couplers and they worked well.

    ReplyDelete