Thursday, December 10, 2015

Scenery Rework -- IV

I picked up a Woodland Scenics triple roll of plaster cloth and am working my way through it -- this project will probably take up the whole roll. Here's the status of the hardshell as of today:

This is the other side of the mountain here. I'm still tweaking and pulling the cardboard lattice.

As I've said earlier, I make a little progress and then look at what the shape of things is telling me. This project will wind up connecting two areas of scenery that were already more or less finished, so it's a worthwhile bit of progress.

The tunnel portal is starting to tell me it's something C&O or N&W, which is fine, since the Virginian-coal mine area is just on the other side to the left. We'll see what develops!

1 comment:

  1. Part IV is in the books! It's starting to shape up very nicely John. Looking forward to part V.

    ReplyDelete