Saturday, December 19, 2015

Vehicles

Here's a fun one from a supplier called Oxford Commercials. My wife found it on a side trip we took to Des Plaines Hobbies while visiting relatives in Chicago, and she gave it to me as an anniversary present:

Oxford Commercials is a UK die cast supplier. This is advertised as 1:76 and is presumably UK prototype, but there are lots of Indian-heritage people in California, and this isn't really out of place on a US layout.

Here's a Boley crew cab dump truck. I painted the dump body red, which matches most CN prototype trucks I've seen photos of. Then I added MG decals for CN vehicles:

With CN's expansion into the US by merging with Wisconsin Central, DM&IR, EJ&E, and Illinois Central, CN prototype is a little less regional or specialized. Here's a CN pickup I shot from the Amtrak City of New Orleans in deepest Mississippi:

Here's a Boley tree trimmer that I put CSX door decals on from decals made by an eBay seller. The conspicuity stripes came from the MG Decals CN truck set I used on the dump truck:

Since Walthers took over Boley and put its vehicles in their Cornerstone line, I think they may be missing a bet by not releasing them with railroad lettering.

1 comment:

  1. An eye catching fleet John. Each one looks great. The "Rings of Fire" food trailer is definitely a conversation starter.

    ReplyDelete